https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.jpg 0 0 sibo https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.jpg sibo2018-10-11 16:52:132018-10-11 16:52:13Living Life To The Fullest with SIBO
There are ways to focus on the positivity in your life rather than feeling completely defined by your sometimes difficult to control GI Tract, and live a much fuller and happier life.
- Start each day with gratitude and a fresh start. Perhaps create a gratitude journal in which you write what you are thankful for each morning or in the evening. This could include a list of people who support you, a SIBO-friendly recipe you tried, a favourite memory, or how far you’ve come in managing your health.
- Set goals for working out, relaxing, seeing friends, travelling, and other activities that make your heart content. Downtime is essential too, so include jotting in “DOWNTIME” as a reminder not to overbook yourself.
- Eat the foods you love. Even on a specific diet, try to modify your favorite foods to suit your intolerance needs. There are even low FODMAP versions of brownies, since we all deserve a treat.
- Listen to your body. When you are tired, rest.
- Think positive! Focus on healthy and healing thoughts each day. What is working well in your life right now? And if it’s not working, start a plan B, C, or D with your healthcare team. Don’t keep trying the same thing and expect different results.
- Take a break from your everyday routine. If you can take a warm, essential oil bath at noon, take a bath at noon! Watch a movie on a Saturday morning. Get a new book and read on a comfy chair with a cozy blanket and a cup of your favourite tea. Meditate. Play your favourite music. Light that special scented candle. Do things that relax you whenever you can. Say no without a need to provide a reason why.
- Be honest… to doctors, dieticians, family, and friends. It is important to have a trusting team that knows your symptoms, even the embarrassing ones to help guide you to good health.