https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/img_9.jpg 1280 1920 sibo https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.jpg sibo2019-02-12 23:04:162019-05-28 17:45:17Things To Do When You Have An Unhappy Gut
Dealing with gut troubles isn’t easy, especially if you have reoccurring Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite distraction techniques, ways to soothe, and hopefully relieve some of the discomfort.
- Make sure you’re taking the proper herbal antibiotics and medications from your prescribing naturopathic physician and not missing a dosage.
- Drink lots of water! Adding rosemary and lemon to your water can help aid in digestion.
- Avoid all alcohol, dairy, sugar, and high FODMAP foods. (And any other foods your body is sensitive or intolerant to.)
- Attend a deep-stretch yoga class. Focus on letting go of the discomfort and finding peace within your breath and the stretches.
- Speaking of yoga class, skip the heavy cardio and workout! Some simple stretches are just the right amount of physical activity to manage while going through any tummy pain.
- Eat whole, natural foods that are low FODMAP approved. Avoid processed, ready-made-meals and stick to food straight from the ground.
- Wear clothes that your body is comfortable in. Skip the jeans and tight work clothes. Find options that don’t push on your stomach and increase discomfort.
- Make bone broth and sip on it throughout the day. Bone broth has wonderful proven benefits including reducing inflammation, healing the gut, eases digestion, and aids in better sleep.
- Run a warm bubble bath and pour in lavender essential oils to calm your mind. Find a good book and read your worries away.
- And after a relaxing bath, get lots of sleep! Sleep works wonders for healing our bodies and minds.