https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.jpg 0 0 sibo https://sibo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.jpg sibo2018-11-14 17:29:062018-11-14 17:29:06Low FODMAP Lemon Herb Chicken with Garden Vegetables
- 2 zucchini, chopped into thick slices
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 cups of mini potatoes, chopped in halves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Chop up the first 5 vegetables as directed.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan, on medium.
- Place potatoes and carrots in frying pan for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add zucchini and peppers. Cover and cook for 20 more minutes stirring frequently.
- While vegetables are cooking, cook chicken in a separate frying pan until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Assemble herb sauce by mixing basil, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle herb sauce over top of chickens and squeeze ¼ of a lemon over each chicken breast.
- Serve chicken on a bed of vegetables.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, if desired. Yum!
Recipe sourced from: https://ignitenutrition.ca/blog/low-fodmap-lemon-herb-chicken/