Gut health experts share the 18 best ways to tackle IBS symptoms, as reported by the Daily Mail. IBS and SIBO symptoms can go hand in hand; as 80% of IBS patients may in fact have SIBO.
Dr. Simon Smale👨🏻⚕️, a gastroenterologist at Manchester University, claims we can transform our gut health with these top tips.
1. Choose red wine over spirits 🍷
2. Ditch carbonated drinks and enjoy herbal teas instead
3. That includes “diet” fizzy drinks
4. Ready-made meals are a no go
5. Take a clinically proven antibiotic 💊
6. If nothing is working, meet with a Dietitian
7. Limit your intake of onions and garlic
8. Eat less broccoli and cauliflower 🥦
9. Avoid Brussels sprouts
10. Watch out for fruits such as plums, nectarines, and mangoes
11. Improve your sleep routine 😴
12. Go to bed at the same time every night
13. Avoid bright lights before bed
14. Rollerblade around the block or go for daily walks
15. Get up from your desk to stretch every hour 🤸🏼♂️
16.Try incorporating yoga into your daily routine
17. Try two coffees per week instead of per day ☕️
18. Don’t leave long gaps between meals
Visit the article for full details outlining each of his 18 top tips!