Low FODMAP Key Lime Cheesecake😋
This dairy-free cheesecake option kicks sweet tooth cravings to the curb, without the dreaded digestive upsets. We recommend sticking to the correct portion size to avoid a flare-up of SIBO symptoms.
-1 ¼ cup mix of raw pecans, brazil nuts, and walnuts (soaked overnight)
-¼ small ripe banana
-½ tsp sea salt
-1 ½ cups raw macadamia nuts (soaked overnight)
-½ cup almond milk
-½ cup lime juice
-8 tbsp pure maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-8 tbsp coconut oil
-Chopped nuts and zest of 1 lime (to serve)
1. Place your soaked mixed nuts into a food processor, pulsing until they form a coarse texture.
2. Add 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt and process again. Add ¼ ripe banana and processing until the mixture becomes sticky.
3. Scoop out the mix and spread over the bottom of a lined pan, and press down firmly.
4. Keep the base in the freezer to harden while you prepare the filling!
5. Place the soaked macadamia nuts, almond milk, lime juice, 6 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla extract, and 6 tbsp coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Remove the cheesecake pan from the freezer and pour the filling on top of the crust, using the back of a spoon to ensure an even top.
7. Return the cheesecake pan back to the freezer for approximately 2-3 hours, or until firm.
8. To serve: Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to thaw slightly.
9. Garnish with crushed walnuts, lime zest, and shredded coconut. Yum!